- BARGERSTOCK, BIRKENSTOCK posted by Libby Bargerstock-Grimm on Sunday, August 2, 1998
- Looking for any information on the BARGERSTOCK family that settled in Armstrong Co.,Pa. in the year 1838. Johannes & Anna Maria Zulauf BIRKENSTOCK came to America in 1832 with their family of 5 children: Johann Heinrich(Peter), Anna Elisabetha, Eva Elisabetha, Johannes (John), Johann Heinrich (Henry). & Catherine Jubee born in Greensburg,Pa. Westmoreland. Co. John & Anna Maria settled in Westmoreland Co.,Pa. and then moved to Belknap, Armstrong Co.,Pa. They farmed 367 acres in the Wayne Twp. area. Some of the family later moved to Jefferson Co. A book was printed in 1965 and now I am trying to update this information and complete some family histories.
- GEORGE, WOODWARD posted by Earl Clark on Monday, August 3, 1998
- I'm searching for the parents of Absalom Woodward b1826 in Armstrong Co. verified through enlistment records of the Union Army in 1863. He married Sarah Ann GEORGE b1836 the daughter of Peter George of Plumcreek Twp. Armstrong Co. He is not the son of Absalom Woodward who settled in Plumcreek abt 1790 but he could be a nephew or whatever..
- LONG posted by John Noble on Monday, August 3, 1998
- Searching for burial place of Eleanor LONG. b:abt 1803 in Armstrong CO. PA d:aft 1870 Wife of John NOBLE of same county. b:1801 d:1851 John buried Union Presbyterian Church Cem. Cowansville PA..
- HAGARTY, HAGGERTY posted by Denice Patterson on Friday, August 7, 1998
- Searching for Hanna Hagarty/Haggerty of Brady's Bend, Armstrong CO. born about 1860s. Her father was possibly a Burgess of the area? She married James Keesey of New Bethlem and had two children, Harry and Arrabelle. Thanks!.
- LEACH posted by Barbara Jarvis on Saturday, August 8, 1998
- My gggrandfather was James W. Leach. He was born in Va acourding to 1850 census. Family history tells of him being born while the family was in the process of moving to TN from Leachburg, Anderson Co., PA. Problem is I have no idea what his parents names were. Family history also tells of Dutch/English desect so presume mother was Dutch. If this story makes any sence to anyone please let me know. I'm looking for any clues.
- REYNOLDS, ROBINSON posted by Judy Wheaton on Sunday, August 9, 1998
- REYNOLDS/ROBINSON families in Armstrong Co. PA. I would like some information about Mrs William Gates Reynolds (Mae Ollie Robinson) .She lived in Kittanning and owned the old State Movie Theater and the Reynolds Hotel. Idon't think either is still standing. I have no dates but think it was about 1880's. Mrs. Reynolds's sister ,Cornelia lived next door and never married. I believe they lived on Grand Street. Any information is appreciated.
- FETTERS, KELLEY, TAYLOR posted by Keith Taylor on Monday, August 10, 1998
- Looking for descendants ,relatives of James TAYLOR of Westmoreland Co. ca.1870's, m. Anna Kelley, children Joseph W.,Roy, Ruhl (of Kittanning),Etta (Trougher), Georgia (Koontz). Anna (KELLEY) TAYLOR remarried FETTERS had two children William and Ray FETTERS, resided in Kittanning, Armstrong County.
- BROWN posted by Matthew Waack on Monday, August 10, 1998
- Am looking for more info re: this Matthew BROWN in 1850 Census. Could anyone direct me to a source? Thank you -- Matthew WAACK BROWN, Matthew State : PA County : Armstrong Co. Location : North Buffalo Twp Year : 1850 Page # : 095.
- KISKADDEN posted by Lyn Gillson on Tuesday, August 11, 1998
- I am seeking information on James Kiskadden, b.c.1781-90, in PA. He is listed in the 1830 census for Nicholaus Co., KY. He may be connected to the Kiskaddons of Armstrong Co..
- GAMBELL, STREAMS posted by Ashley Shank on Wednesday, August 12, 1998
- I am searching for information pertaining to my Great-Great-Great Grandparents. Samuel Streams, a blacksmith, and Hannah Gambell, his wife, lived at Elderton in Armstrong County for a period of years before 1838 and moved to Indiana Co. in 1848. I would like any information as to the parents of Samuel Streams, his year of birth or any other available information. I know Hannah was the daughter of Thomas Gambell,and that she died at Elderton before the family moved to I.C. and is buried at Curry Run Cemetary, anything new would be greatly appreciated. The family had 7 children. Milton, Ann Jane, James Alexander, Samuel (died in childhood), a daughter (died in infancy unnamed), Sarah, and Hannah.
- AMBROSE posted by Terry Ambrose on Thursday, August 13, 1998
- Looking for info on David Ambrose - supposed to have died in 1853 ? - buried around Worthington, Pa. Married to Mary Blain. Any info on Ambrose line will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- COOK posted by Jesse Cook on Friday, August 14, 1998
- Jeremiah Cook, his wife Hannah and children, moved up on Crooked Creek in 1769 in what became Armstrong County. Does anyone have any information on this family?.
- KLINGENSMITH posted by Scott Emmel on Friday, August 14, 1998
- Trying to locate information concerning the parents, children, and/or siblings of Jacob and Esther A. Klingensmith. They appear in a Roll of Communicants for the Clinton Lutheran Church records from South Buffalo Twp., Armstrong Co., 1852-c1860. According to the record, they had a daughter Martha Jane born 2/7/1854..
- FREEDLINE, FRIEDLINE posted by Judy Hoover on Friday, August 14, 1998
- looking for information on Peter and Conrad FREEDLINE that are listed in 1830 census armstrong co.census
- ALLSHOUSE, LESSIG posted by Priscilla Webb on Friday, August 14, 1998
- Joseph Franklin Lessig was born in Armstrong County, PA. Information needed includes birth, death, marriage facts about his siblings. Where are his father, Joseph Sands Lessig, and his mother, Mary Magdalena Allshouse, buried? Are there church records? I believe they were Lutheran..
- BRUNER, ESHENBAUGH posted by Edie Perlick on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Doing research for my family tree, any info on William Eshenbaugh married to Margaret Jane Bruner from Armstrong Co or surrounding areas very helpful.
- HUFFMAN, LOPEMAN, STIVISON posted by Donald Read on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I have relatives that lived in both Armstrong and Clarion counties. My gr.gr.grnadfather Hugh Alexander Lopeman m. 17 Oct 1839 in Clarion Co. Susannah McClatchey the widow of Robert McCl. her maiden name was Huffman. Her parents were Martin and Susan Huffman in same area in 1850 census. Brother living next door may be David Huffman..
- WILLIAMSON posted by Larry Williamson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- seeking information on David P. Williamson, wife Eleanor Belle Gallagher. He is believed to have lived in Armstrong county prior to the Civil War. He and Eleanor lived in Pittsburgh following the war..
- CRAVENOR posted by T Kinser on Sunday, August 16, 1998
- I am looking for information on Edward Thomas Cravenor. Born 1901 died 1952. He lived in Kittanning, PA. Armstrong County. He is buried in Pine Creek Cemetery.
- BAER, JOHNS, SWANK posted by Sharon Trosan on Sunday, August 16, 1998
- Armstrong County: Hello Everyone, I am searching the surnames BAER, JOHNS, and SWANK from the Armstrong, Westmoreland, and Indiana County area. Hope to reach someone with more information.
- KETTERING posted by Jane Tate on Monday, August 17, 1998
- Trying to trace the father of Hulda Jane Kettering,born in Manorville,Armstrong Co. to William Caspar Kettering and Hannah Spencer Kettering. He was born in Warren, PA., but died in Apollo,Armstrong, Co 1-20-1924.
- ANTHONY, CAHAUN, CAMPBELL, CRAIG, FLEMING, HARBISON, JOHNSON, JOHNSTON, LEWIS, LYTLE, MCCREIGHT, MCNUTT, MILLER, PATTERSON, PETTIGREW, REED, SMITH posted by Lynnette Burge on Tuesday, August 18, 1998
- Alexander CAMPBELL and his wife Margaret JOHNSON were Ulster Scots, both born circa 1765 and originally from County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. They had at least four children before 1810, among them JAMES, ALEXANDER, ANDREW AND SAMUEL. The children of Alexander and Margaret emigrated in or before 1814 to ARMSTRONG COUNTY, PA.
Specifically looking for information on SAMUEL CAMPBELL, SR (1794-1872) who married Margaret JOHNSTON (1796-1882) and they had children: William, Samuel Jr., Mary, and Jane. The family were amongst early members of the United Presbyterian Church of Shelocta. Allied lines: CRAIG, LEWIS, LYTLE, PETTIGREW, CAHAUN, AND SMITH. Samuel and Margaret are my GGGG Grandparents.
I am also looking for information on the remaining children of Alexander and Margaret; I believe there are others - I'm working on it!
(1): James Campbell (1792-1858) who married Margaret CRAIG (1795-1894). Their children: Ann Jane, Margaret, William, Mary, Alexander Samuel, James, and John Oliver. The families were members of the West Union Presbyterian Church of Parkwood. Allied lines: PATTERSON, ANTHONY, CRAIG, FLEMING, HARBISON, MILLER, ARMSTRONG, REED, MCCREIGHT, AND MCNUTT.
(2) Andrew Campbell born in 1810. NFK
(3) Alexander Campbell born June 1802. First wife was Elizabeth Henderson, second wife was Sarah Ramsey. NFK.
I would welcome any interest in my Campbell or any of the allied lines, and I'd be happy to share whatever info I have here. Thank you in advance, and Good Hunting!.
- JORDAN posted by Sally Reed on Tuesday, August 18, 1998
- Looking for descendants of Jordans who settled in Armstrong County in 1820's in what is now Perry Twp., Clarion County. Descendants of Samuel, Frederick, Michael, George, others.
- CANNON, SHAKLEY posted by Linda Hanna on Wednesday, August 19, 1998
- I am looking for information on Daniel Cannon who lived in Perry Township, Armstrong county. I am particularly interested in finding out who his second wife Mary was. I have no maiden name for her. He had two daughters to her, Martha who married Henry S. Shakley and Mary. Have no knowledge of what happened to Mary. Any help would be appreciated. Burial info ,will , etc. Thank you in advance.
- SCOTT posted by Phil Scott on Friday, August 21, 1998
- Looking for information on William Amos SCOTT of Armstrong County. He married Margaret E. Copeland, also of Armstrong County in Verona, Pa on 10July 1890..
- COPELAND posted by Phil Scott on Friday, August 21, 1998
- looking for information on Margaret Elizabeth Copeland of Armstrong County. She married William Amos Scott in Verona, Pa on 10 July 1890.
- MCHENRY posted by Betsy McDonald on Saturday, August 22, 1998
- Looking for any MCHENRY's that left Indiana County, PA and moved to Armstrong County, PA. I noticed a MCHENRY, actually a few on the monument by the courthouse, was wondering if there is a connection to my family line. It begins with Isaac in 1732 in Indiana County, PA. If there is a connection or a possibility, let me know.
- SHAKELEY, SHAKELY, SHAKLEY, SHEAKELEY posted by Barbara Shakely on Saturday, August 22, 1998
- I am interested if finding out any information on the SHAKELY family. Perticularly David M. Shakely sons David Jr, Howard, Herman,Wesley, Basil Everett Keygans, previous marriage (mothers) , John, Charles,George Howard was my grandfather. Any info would be great..
- SHANNON, WECKERLY posted by Alberta Haas on Sunday, August 23, 1998
- Searching information on the marriage and families of Rachel Weckerly and William Shannon. I believe that Rachel died at the birth of their daughter Minerva Jane Shannon in 1839 in Armstrong county. William later remarried but I don't know his spouse. Minerva was then raised by a family named Brinker. Minerva Jane married John S. Stahlman and after his death Jacob Barnhart. I would appreciate any information on Minerva's family..
- CRAVENOR posted by T Kinser on Monday, August 24, 1998
- I am looking for information on a Edward Cravenor who was living in or around Kittanning, Pa., Armstrong Cty. in 1931.
- FLICK posted by Jodi Flick on Wednesday, August 26, 1998
- Interested in exchanging information on FLICK in Armstrong / Clarion counties..
- BOUCH, PEACE posted by Mechele Barnett on Thursday, August 27, 1998
- Looking for info. on parents and siblings of George Washington BOUCH. George was born in Armstrong Co. Pa. He moved to the Mahaffey, McGees Mill area. He was married to Catherine PEACE. He was born on Dec. 27, 1840 and died May 18, 1928. George was my GG-Grandfather. Any info. would be appericated..
- FREEDLINE, FRIEDLINE, TROUTMAN posted by Judy Hoover on Friday, August 28, 1998
- need inf.on Daniel Freedline b.abt.1845,son of Jacob and Lydia(bish)Freedline.mar.Pauline Troutman b.1843,dau.of Abrahman and Susan Troutman.Daniel and Pauline died in Redbank twp.Armstrong co.Pa.buried at New Salem,pa.
- KING, MAYER posted by Sherri Ryder on Sunday, August 30, 1998
- Searching for info on my GG Grandfather Henry KING (b. England) , married Lydia Maher, lived in Ford City, Armstrong Co, PA. Had seven KING children James Charles Walter Harry Clyde Elizabeth Helen (Greg) King - lived (s?) in Ford City The sons were glass blowers and later moved to Ohio.
- CHAMBERS, HERRON posted by Nanci Michalkiewicz on Monday, August 31, 1998
- Looking for the information regarding Thomas HERRON (born about 1819) who resided in Armstrong County, Pa . Cannot find his parents names, or when he died, or where he was born. Any info would be appreciated! One child named Chambers Herron. He could have possible married a CHAMBERS
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project