- ANDERSON, HENDERSON, ROSE, YOCKEY posted by Janet Warter on Friday, May 1, 1998
- HENDERSON -- Would like to contact and share info with other descendants of Benjamin HENDERSON (1765?-1857), and his two wives, Nancy ROSE (1781-1821), dau. of William ROSE of Carlise, PA, and Susan ANDERSON (1799-1895), parents unknown, of Hempfield Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA. Benjamin and Nancy ROSE were married at Carlisle, Cumberland Co., PA in 1803 -- children: William (ca.1805), Andrew (no date), Benjamin R. (1820), Mary (ca. 1821), plus three others, names unknown. The Benjamin HENDERSON family moved from South Middleton Twp., Cumberland Co., to Salem Twp., Westmoreland Co. about 1820. Nancy died there in 1821. Benjamin remarried in 1822 to Susan ANDERSON -- children: Margaret Jane (ca. 1823), Sarah Ann (ca. 1825), Nancy Eleanor (ca. 1827), Elizabeth Jane (1830), Martha Ann (ca. 1834), Emma (1835), Isabella (1838). The HENDERSON family moved to Plum Creek Twp., Armstrong Co., PA about 1827. Benjamin died there in 1857. Susan died 1895 and is buried at St. Thoma! s Cem., near Elderton, Armstrong Co. Burial place of Benjamin is not known -- also St. Thomas? I am descended from Elizabeth Jane HENDERSON YOCKEY (1830-1907), who married John YOCKEY (1824-1908) of Bell Twp., Westmoreland Co. They moved to Unity Twp., Westmoreland Co.
- HELFRICH posted by Christine Barnett on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- Leo George HELFRICH Sr was born in PA (probably Armstrong County). He married Margaret King (born in MO). They had at least one son named Leo George HELFRICH born on 30 Sep 1881 in PA. My guess is that Leo George HELFRICH Sr was probably born around 1860 (based on the birth date of his son). I am trying to find the actual date of birth for Leo George HELFRICH Sr. Is there a PA Death Index that would perhaps show his date of death? Thank you in advance. Chris
- BRUERTON, CLAWSON, COFFEE, KING, WEAVER, WEIR posted by Becky Dahl on Saturday, May 2, 1998
- I am trying to locate information on the Benjamin Franklin King family of Freeport, PA. Where was B.F.King in the 1850 census. He was listed in the county history book as being a prominent citizen of Freeport yet I can not find he or his family in the 1850 census. He does not die till 1869 and he is buried at the Freeport cemetery with the rest of his family. He married Elizabeth Murphy, daughter of Capt. Samuel Murphy of South Buffalo twp. B.F. King and Elizabeth were the parents of Mary 1821/1097 who married John L Weir, Elizabeth King 1822/1884 wife of Samuel Weaver, Margaret King 1825/1904 wife of David G Coffee, Maria 1828/1902 wife of William Bruerton, and Benjamin F Jr 1840/1883 who married Elizabeth Clawson. If anyone can find this family in the 1850 census please let me know at email@example.com. Thanks so much..
- DORAN, POWEL, POWELL posted by Janet Warter on Tuesday, May 5, 1998
- Seeking dates, parents, siblings of Catherine POWEL, married to John DORAN (possibly born in Ireland) of Armstrong Co., PA., Township unknown. I am descended from their son, Thomas A. DORAN (1835-1907), whose death certificate gave these names as his parents. See my DORAN query of 30 April 1998..
- BOUDREAU posted by S. Boudreau on Friday, May 8, 1998
- Frederick Boudreau appears in the 1850 Census of Armstrong County in Allegheny TWP. His country of origin is shown as Canada. He married in 1850 in Allegheny TWP to Elizabeth Kerr. I have not been able to recover a record of the marriage. I am looking for a record that would point to the place in Canada from which he emigrated and/or the names of his parents. What Armstrong County records would likely contain that infornmation?
- HENRY posted by Scott Emmel on Friday, May 8, 1998
- I am looking for information of the family of Peter and Margaret Henry. They moved to Clearfield Township of Butler County in the 1800s.
I have several references (but no details) that indicate that several of their children lived or at least died in Armstrong county at Sugarcreek Station and/or East Brady.
The children are:
Mary A. Henry who married H. J. Coyle
Elizabeth Henry who married John Brinker
Joseph Henry who married Mary N. Scott
Any information on this family would be appreciated. I have a lot of information about some of the children of Joseph and am willing to share it.
- FAIR posted by Walter Fair on Friday, May 8, 1998
- I am researching the FAIR family which lived in West Monterey during the 1860's - 80's. There are several FAIR families living in Armstrong County presently that may have information on their ancestors and I would like to trade any history that they may have. I am also related to the KIRK and TERPE families..
- DORR posted by Lesa on Friday, May 8, 1998
- Am searching for info on my ggggrandma Hannah Jane DORR, she was born 1859C in Armstrong Co. and died 25 Dec 1942, in Armstrong co.
- BOOHER, ESHENBAUGH posted by Edie Perlick on Friday, May 8, 1998
- I am searching for any information of my grandparents, Margaret Booher and William Eshenbaugh from Armstrong Co. or around there . Any info will be very helpful.
- BREWER, ESHENBAUGH posted by Edie Perlick on Saturday, May 9, 1998
- Would like to hear any information on my grandparents. My grandmother died in 1918 with the flu and I believe my grandfather died in 1938,any help will be greatful.
- BEER, CLEVER, FORMAN, GEIGAR, GOULD, HINDMAN, LONG, TRAVIS, WADDING posted by Sandy Wadding on Monday, May 11, 1998
- looking for any info on the following surnames from Armstrong co. WADDING CLEVER,FOREMAN,GEIGAR,LONG,TRAVIS BEERS,GOULD,CARR
- KLINGENSMITH, SHOOP, SPEER posted by Richard Allen on Thursday, May 14, 1998
- I am seeking information on the ancestry of my great great grandfather, Lincoln Grant Shoop (b.:Armstrong ct.,1864). His father was Jacob Oscar Shoop (b.:Armstrong ct.,1829), the son of John Shoop (d.:Armstrong ct.,1872) and Jane Klingensmith (d.:?,1861). His mother was Martha Speer (b.: Armstrong ct.,1830), the daughter of Robert Speer. Her brother was John Speer who moved to Kansas in the 1850's. On a visit to the area in 1989, I found the graves of a Robert Speer (d.:1880) and his wife Jane (d.:1888) in the Kittanning cemetery. The Shoops are buried elsewhere, possibly the Appleby Manor or Ford City cemeteries, but I didn't have time to look. Thank you for your help..
- GOHN posted by Janice Hart on Friday, May 15, 1998
- Seeking any information on the name GOHN for Armstrong Co.,PA and any other area.
- EICHER posted by Susan Kuzma on Sunday, May 17, 1998
- searching for John Eicher (b1795) possibly Armstrong County, Pa.
- TRIMBLE posted by Brenda Smith on Sunday, May 17, 1998
- Looking for Trimble information. William Wallace Trimble born May 24, 1838 in Armstrong County, PA. Looking for his parents..
- GIRTS, SMITH posted by Kathy Zagorac on Monday, May 18, 1998
- Searching for information on the parents of Clara/Clarinda/and possibly Florinda fits in there somehow, SMITH. Clara was born in 1858. I have located a Theophilis SMITH in the 1830 Armstrong Census, Plumbcreek Twp.. I believe that he or one of his sons, also named Theophilis, moved to Porter Twp., Clarion County. I think that the Theophilis SMITH I found in 1860 Clarion is the right parent of Clara but I'm not sure as her death certificate says his name is Theodore. Clara's mother's name was Janet Girts according to the 1910 census and Clara's D.C.. The Theophilis Smith I found has a wife named Jane. Siblings of Clara from the census include: Archibald, Mary, Emily, Anna, George, Rosanna, Nancy, Assemath? or Jewitt, Ida M.. I am also interested in the HARMEN GIRTS family. He too is found in Armstrong County in 1830 - Clarion Twp., and either he or a son moved to Porter Twp., Clarion County. I suspect that this is Janet/Jane Girts' father. If any of this rings a bell I! would appreciate hearing from you..
- SCOTT posted by Beth Caporali on Tuesday, May 19, 1998
- Searching for descendants of Andrew Scott(1777-1851) and Jane Hall(1779-1861), settled in Kiskiminetas (then Allegheny)Twp., Armstrong Co. in early 1820s, from County Tyrone, Ireland. Have lots of info on son Hugh's (1805-c.1873) descendants and a little on daughter Elizabeth (1806-after 1871) m. Isaac Warner's (1800-1871)descendants but would like to have more on other children, Isabella, Margaret m. Alexander Foster, Mary Jane, Andrew Jr., Sarah, Samuel, Stewart (1828-?). Would love to share what I have with long-lost cousins..
- MCCRACKEN, WELSH posted by Barbara Diller on Friday, May 22, 1998
- For Armstrong County PA: Looking for information on William WELSH, born February 5, 1847 and died October 1926. He married Catherine MCCRACKEN. William was a Vice President of a bank, and was into real-estate. Their son Howard was a well-known doctor in the Leechburg, Vandergrift area..
- CAMPBELL, DAUBENSPECK, REISER posted by Jen Kline on Friday, May 22, 1998
- Searching Armtrong County for CAMPBELL, REISER, and DAUBENSPECK. John REISER came to Bradys Bend around 1861 - 1862 from Germany. He maarried Cardilla Rosalie CAMPBELL born 4/22/1860 in Bradys Bend. Her parents are Charles CAMPBELL and Margaret DAUBENSPECK. Margaret had 3 brothers: James, William, and Robert and 2 sisters: Molly and Jenny. Looking for information on any of these families. Willing to share information! Thanks!
- LATTA, MCFADDEN posted by Krismarie on Friday, May 22, 1998
- Christiana was born 1776 in possibly Armstrong or Westmorland Co. PA. She married a ?? McFadden, had a son named Daniel. She was widowed before 1808, and then married Ephraim Latta. She died in OH. I need her first husband and her maiden name..
- SLAGLE, SPACE posted by Jean Morrison on Friday, May 22, 1998
- I am searching for information on the SPACE family of Armstrong Co. I am most interested to talk to someone who has information on the families that resided in the county in the early 1800's. I am particularly interested in finding out any information about Hugh Space, who was born ca. 1806.
- COWAN, TEMPLETON posted by John Giacoletti on Monday, May 25, 1998
- Looking for parents of Nancy J. Templeton 1810-aft. 1894. Married James Fulton COWAN 12/1/1836 in Armstrong County, Pa by James Adams, J.P.
- COWAN posted by John Giacoletti on Monday, May 25, 1998
- Armstrong Co. Civil War Vets. Need any data on S. [Samuel] T. Cowan, Co. B 139th PA infantry. Unable to locate files in National Archives. Also info on Robert J. Cowan, Co. E 62nd Reg't of PA Vols. Any other Cowan Civil War vets?.
- COZAD, EDWARDS posted by Cindy Burns on Tuesday, May 26, 1998
- Looking for the family of Eliza Edwards b. ca 1837, d. in Ohio in 1908, married William Cozad in Armstrong county in August of 1858
- BOYD, KAYHART posted by Nicholas Kayhart on Tuesday, May 26, 1998
- I am looking for any information on my grandfather Earl KAYHART and my grandmother Ida (BOYD)(KAYHART)(Nicholson) who lived in Kitanning, Armstrong Co. around 1925,which is the year of my fathers birth (Floyd KAYHART). Also Earl KAYHART is thought to be from Canada..
- PENNER, RIDDLEBARGER posted by Theda Aldridge on Wednesday, May 27, 1998
- Looking for any information on Jacob Riddlebarger or his spouse Mary Penner or their sons. They had three sons who said they were born in Armstrong Co., PA (William Alexander Riddlebarger b. 18 Oct 1836, David R. Riddlebarger b. 28 Feb 1838 and Andrew Jackson.Riddlebarger b. 3 Jul 1844)
- BELL, HENRY posted by Scott Emmel on Wednesday, May 27, 1998
- I am looking for information on the family of Peter HENRY, Jr., son of Peter Henry. Peter Jr according to a book titled "The History of Armstrong County" lived in Armstrong County in the late 1800's and had a daughter that married an individual named Andrew W. BELL. Any information on this family would be most helpful. I have information to share on other members of Peter Sr.'s family...
- ARMSTRONG, DRAKE posted by John Wills on Friday, May 29, 1998
- I am searching for information on William and Elizabeth ARMSTRONG, they lived in Alleghany or Armstrong Co around 1808, Their son Milton ARMSTRONG married a Mary DRAKE from PA then moved to OH around 1850. Miktin served in the Union Army, Co.E 161 Inf.Gar. Can anyone help me ?
- BASH, MCCLURE posted by Louise Belsby on Saturday, May 30, 1998
- Thomas MCCLURE and his wife Jane BASH Mcclure lived in Elderton in Armstrong County from 1870 until his death in 1916. Their children were Wilbert J. b. Aug 3, 1866, Harris b. 30 July 1869, Elta E. born 14 Dec, 1875 and Alonzo B. born 25 Nov. 1879. They had a grandson Clyde McClure living with them in 1900. Seeking information on this family..
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project