- ACHISON, CLARK, COX, DECKER, HULL, ROHLAND, WEAVER posted by Beverley Stiver Hotton on Monday, March 2, 1998
- Would like to exchange information on the family of Thomas HULL 1761-1849 who married Mary Elizabeth Cox. Their issue: Hannah b 1796 mar Thomas ACHISON; Nancy b 1798 mar William ROHLAND; Mary Elizabeth b 1801 mar Henry WEAVER; Tobias b 1803 mar Sarah DECKER; Jane b 1807 and John b 1805 mar Mathilda CLARK.
- EATON posted by Linnie Howell on Saturday, March 7, 1998
- Aaron EATON and wife, Abigail, were living in Clarion County, PA, after that county was created. Seems they may have been married in Armstrong County. I'm searching for a marriage date and for Abigail's surname. Their eldest son was given the name of McDONALD. Was that Abigail's name?.
- COLEMAN posted by Dave Coleman on Tuesday, March 10, 1998
- Researching COLEMAN family in Red Bank Township, Armstrong Co. Would like to hear from others with connections.
- RIBER, RIVER, SHAFFER posted by James Rivers on Tuesday, March 10, 1998
- Researching RIBER/RIVER and SHAFFER in Armstrong County PA.
- ROWLEY, WALKER posted by Terry Terrell on Thursday, March 12, 1998
- I am looking for information on John WALKER (b. abt. 1804 in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England) he was probably in the Brady Bend, PA area some time from about 1830 to about 1847, and may have come there with one or more brothers who may have been named Robert or Thomas WALKER. When John moved on, any brothers he accompanied to the US did not move with him. I am also looking for any information on his wife Sarah ROWLEY WALKER (b. April 22, 1806 Wolverhampton), and son John WALKER (b. May 13, 1828 in Wolverhampton). They would have joined John WALKER Sr. in the area in 1838. Any help on possible relatives, or land or business transactions would be appreciated..
- MURRAY, PATTON posted by Rhea Gilbert on Friday, March 13, 1998
- Searching for researcher who have the family of JAMES PATTON & his wife MARY MURRAY. JAMES PATTON dies Sept. 1857 in Kittaning, Armstrong Co., PA. I have a list of their children and also a copy of his will. Will gives his daughters married names. Will share what I have. Hope to hear from someone in the family!!!
- SNOW posted by Susan Miller on Saturday, March 14, 1998
- I am researching Charles Blanchard Snow, who was born March 24, 1833, along with his twin sister Esther Sovina Snow. They were born in Pennsylvania, but I do not know if it was Armstrong County. Their parents were Samuel Snow, who was born Feb 11, 1792, and Hannah Blanchard, who was born Oct 9, 1798. The other children were Abigail Marie Snow, born Dec 13, 1817; Charlotte Snow, born Aug 16, 1819; Julia Snow, born Mar 16, 1821; Elizabeth Snow, born Apr 14, 1823; a son born in June 1825 who lived only nine days; Mary Matilda Snow, born January 20, 1827; Andrew Jackson Snow, born June 13, 1829; Lauraette Snow, born May 13, 1835; Samuel Clark Snow, born Sept 2, 1837; Freeman Snow, born Apr 16, 1841; and Emily Snow, born May 6, 1848. The dates of birth are on a sheet of paper written in the 1930's copied from a family Bible.
- CLARK, CORNTHWAIT, MARTIN, MARWOOD posted by Debbie Hoffman on Monday, March 16, 1998
- Searching in Apollo, Armstrong Co., for Alfred CLARK b.1826 in Leeds, England, wife; Elizabeth MARWOOD b.1831 in Leeds, England. Their children: Joseph M.CLARK b.1854, Elizabeth J.CLARK b.1856,Emma CLARK b.1858,Anna M. CLARK b.1860,William S. CLARK b.1862, Amelia CLARK b.1863 marr.(William CORNTHWAIT)Elizabeth CLARK b.1864, John Ellsworth CLARK b.1868 marr. (Florence MARTIN). Children all born in or near Apollo..
- MCCARTHY, MCCARTY posted by Mary Beth Wheeler on Monday, March 16, 1998
- I am searching for descendants of William & Rosanne (Henry) McCARTHY. William b. @ 1830 in Ireland, Rosanne b. @ 1830, also Ireland. Believe she was daughter of Moses & Gratia Henry who died after 1870 in Clarion or Armstrong counties. In 1870 & 1880 William & Roseanne were living in Brady's Bend, Armstrong Co. William known to have had brothers who lived in Brady's Bend & elsewhere in Armstrong, Dennis & James McCARTHY. William was a coal miner. By 1881 William removed to Pittsburgh and died there 1889.
Known children of William & Rosanne:
Catherine b. @ 1855
Cornelius "Con" b. @ 1858 (known to be in Pittsburgh aft. 1880; railway worker)
Mary A. b. @ 1860
Rosella b. @ 1862
Stephen b. @ 12/1865 (md. Mary & was in Pittburgh in 1900; a motorman)
William, Jr b. @ 1867 (in Pittsburgh aft. 1896)
Jennie b. @ 1869
Richard b. @ 1872 (md. Mary A.; living Millvale, Allegheny Co. 1910)
Charles b. @ 1874
I have much information on William parents and siblings and am wiling to share! Thanks! Mary Beth.
- KING, RUFFNER posted by Bonnie Schultz on Tuesday, March 17, 1998
- I am looking for descend of Elmer and V. May RUFFNER KING was married Oct 18, 1905 in Manorville Armstrong Co Elmer parents where Cyrus and Mary Silves King . May parent where W.H. and Mary E. Ruffner . Elmer was a castmaker in Manorville. There children where Carrie V. born 1907 Mary N. born 1909 Annie T. BORN 1911 Would like to here from any King or Ruffner.
- COX posted by Bonnie Schultz on Tuesday, March 17, 1998
- I am looking for any information on William and Jane ? COX lived in Cownshannonock Twp till 1870 can not find them after that. William was born in armstrong Co Ca 1819 there children were John Robert Cox, Isabella , William David, Alzo Cox.
- VOGEL posted by Debbie Odasso on Thursday, March 19, 1998
- VOGEL, William b. in Germany, wife Catharine born in PA. I find them in the Westmoreland County 1900 and 1910 census. Direct ancestor of my husband is their son Francis Albert VOGEL. A recent post to this page by Carol Fraser may be a match, but it is missing her e-mail address. Please contact me. Descendants living in Armstrong and Westmoreland counties
- BICKER, BRICKER, EWING, RUFFNER, SPICHER, WAMPLER, ZELLEFROW posted by Richard Davis on Friday, March 20, 1998
- I am researching the above listed names in Armstrong County and would be willing to share information. Again the names are ZELLEFROW, RUFFNER, BICKER, BRICKER, EWING, WAMPLER and SPICHER.
- CAMPBELL, HINES posted by Victor Robinson on Saturday, March 21, 1998
- Michael HINES, d. abt 1833, spouse/widow, Elizabeth. Elizabeth remarried, spouse Nathan CAMPBELL. Any details regarding these individuals of Armstrong County would be appreciated. Gravesite of Michael HINES is of special interest.
- NULF posted by Margaret Wright on Saturday, March 21, 1998
- Looking for information on Lawrence Nulf b 1785 in Bethlehem, PA. moved to Armstrong County, married Mary Ann? approx 1830 Redbank County, children: Catherine, William, Mary, Sarah, Levina, Margaret, Adam, John. Moved to Elk County, Lawrence died in 1870 Elk County. Would appreciate any information on Mary Ann or other members of family..
- ALLEN, COWAN, CRAWFORD, MCCLAY posted by John Giacoletti on Sunday, March 22, 1998
- Searching for origins of William McClay and Sarah "Fanny" Crawford of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. William b. 1800, Sarah b. 1810. Also need wife of John Cowan, Sr., Esther ..... and wife of William Cowan, 1789-1871, wife Mary .....
- COWAN, PARKER posted by Rex Parker on Sunday, March 22, 1998
- In Armstrong County, PA,John Cowan, b 1758, d 12-9-1841, married Esther?, eight children- Rachael,Andrew,Elizabeth, Esther,Jane,Leana,Margaret and John Above John's father believed to be John, b abt 1728 perhaps in Ireland, d Dec 1811. Who was his wifeand was he the brother of William, b abt 1788,d 1871, married Mary ??.
- ROBINS posted by Connie Soto on Sunday, March 22, 1998
- searching for info on Jeremiah Robins m. Margaret Conner about 1850 in Armstrong Co. Names in Robins family include James,John, Jeremiah and Amy in 1850 census.
- SCHALL posted by Tom Townsend on Monday, March 23, 1998
- Children of Nichael SCHALL born 1739 Gremany died 1830 Armstrong County Pa. Married 1769 Anna Maria
- WALKER posted by Jim Hazlett on Tuesday, March 24, 1998
- Searching for information on the James WALKER of Armstrong Co. who appears in the Revolutionary War Annuities and also in the 1820 and 1830 census listings. I am particularly anxious to learn the names of his children..
- DICKASON posted by Jim Hazlett on Tuesday, March 24, 1998
- Wish to connect with anyone researching this surname in Armstrong Co. Samuel DICKASON appears on the 1820 and 1830 census. I am trying to connect him to John DICKASON of Fayette Co..
- KINZE, WHITE posted by Marilyn Daniels on Thursday, March 26, 1998
- Looking for any information on James WHITE b. May 4, 1804, Armstrong Co., PA. By about 1826 he was married and somewhere in IN where his children Leonard (abt. 1827), Metholemy(?) (about 1829), Sarah (abt. 1834) and Sophia (abt. 1837) were born. By 1841 he is in Berrien Co., MI where he marries Rhoda KINZE b. 1819 OH? and has child Elizabeth Jane b. 1842 in MI. By 1843 they are on a wagon train to the Oregon Territory. Am interested in sharing any and all information on this family and I have found quite a bit about them after they arrived in Oregon.
- BARROT, THOMAS posted by Christine Barnett on Saturday, March 28, 1998
- My grandfather was Camille Alphonse BARROT. According to his french death certificate he was born in Teidelburg Pensylvanie, in North America on 7 December 1894. His parents were: Francois Barrot and Marie Rosalie Anne THOMAS.
- SCHEAFFER, SCHEFFER, SHAFFER, SHEFFER, SHEFFERS, SHIFFER posted by Lynne Baillargeon on Sunday, March 29, 1998
- Am looking for parents of William Sheffer(Shaffer, SHIFFER) born 10 Sep 1810, county unknown but possible connections to Shaffers (SHEFFERS,SCHEFFER,SCHEAFFER) in Armstrong Co. Settled in Shippenville ca 1830, lived in Porter, Clarion Co. abt 1850 until 1857 when moved to Illinois. Son Charles born in 1854 in Armstrong Co.
- SOWERS posted by Nancy Alexander on Monday, March 30, 1998
- I'm looking for information on a George and Michael SOWERS, of Armstrong county. George is listed in Kittanning twp and Michael in Plumcreek Twp, in the 1820 census. I am trying to tie my SOWERS line to Armstrong county and would appreciate any information on the SOWERS surname..
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project