- BOOTH, GREER, HEISNER posted by John Greer on Sunday, February 1, 1998
- I am currently looking for information about a David HEISNER who was born in Armstrong Co. around 1849. He was a private in Campany "L" and "E" of the 14th PA Cavalry during the Civil War. He married a Anna Jane Bellas or possibly Anna Jane Adams. They lived Kittanning. Anna had 12 children. If anybody has information about Anna and their children I would be thankful. I am a decendant of Elnora (Nora) who married Afred Booth.
- MOREHEAD posted by Ann Emmons on Monday, February 2, 1998
- Searching for any information about the John MOREHEAD family; wife, Rachel, children, Isaac, Joseph, James, John, Ann, Lydia, Honey, Rebecka. Lived in Armstrong County, PA from 1803 to 1854.
- HUGHES, SLOAN posted by Twila Smith on Tuesday, February 3, 1998
- Searching for descendants of William B. HUGHES b.1801 and wife Jane SLOAN of Freeport. Her parents were Mary HUGHES and James SLOAN of Derry Twp. Westmoreland Co. settled in North Buffalo Twp. Armstrong Co. Mary Hughes Sloan's sister Agnes HUGHES married William SLOAN. What was relationship of James and William Sloan? Seeking Sloan descendants. Have large Hughes and Sloan database. See Hughes web page-The Hughes Homestead- http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/1770
- CRYTZER, HEILMAN posted by Cindy Crytzer on Thursday, February 5, 1998
- Trying to find the birthplace and parents of Michael Tobias CRYTZER born August 26, 1804 dies March 1859 in Armstrong Co., PA married Rachael HEILMAN Dec. 14, 1809 - April 19, 1859.
- ISEMAN, KEENER posted by Cindy Crytzer on Thursday, February 5, 1998
- I am trying to locate information on Henry KEENER 1803-1895 from Armstrong Co. PA who married Hannah ISEMAN 1809 - 1894.
- BURNS, POWELL posted by Roy Ericksen on Friday, February 6, 1998
- I am searching information on (Ulysses?)Grant POWELL, father of Sadie Belle POWELL. Sadie was born on 2 Sep 1900 in Armstrong County, PA. Sadie's mothers family name was BURNS.
- GRESOCK, KUZMA, MARGETTA, SARGENT posted by Rose Kuzma on Friday, February 6, 1998
- My grandparent Paul & Rozalia Kuzma moved to Sagamore PA in the year 1906 came from Czechoslovakia. Their daughters married Sargent, Gresock and Margetta
- LOGAN, WISE posted by Maureen McKinney on Friday, February 6, 1998
- Looking for information on Harry Wise and Margaret Logan. They lived in Kittaning. They had several children. Need info. on their children and on Harry. They were married May 25,1886 in Kittaning. Any help is appreciated.
- CHESICK, CLEMENS, CRAMER, HAINES, MATTEI, MICHELINI, MICHILINE, VALDNER posted by Bob Cramer on Saturday, February 7, 1998
- Looking for information on my Grandfather: MICHILINE/MICHELINI, Aniballe (Joesph) b. 7-15-1870 d. 5-29-1948 in Distant, PA He was born in Naples Italy, immigrated to US about 1912, lived in Force, PA (Elk County) and moved to Distant about 1920. Was a coal miner. Wife was MICHILINE/MICHELINI, (supposedly same last name) Eulellia (Della) b. 1874 d. 1930 in Distant, PA Children: Frances, m. a MATTEI, Leno in Kittaning; John, m.a CHESICK, Twila in Distant; Leo, m. a HAINES, Dorothy in New Bethlehem, Mary Della, m. a CLEMENS, Ernest in Distant and Miriam, m. a VALDNER, Carlo in Force, PA. Also my mother Levia, m. a CRAMER, William in Distant..
- CRAMER, RAMER, RAYMER posted by Bob Cramer on Saturday, February 7, 1998
- Most of my Cramer's lived and worked in Armstrong and Alleghany Counties. Haven't found any of them as yet.
CRAMER, William Henry Harrison b. 1868 d. 1937 Distant, PA
CRAMER, Martin Van Buren b. 1841 d. 1911
CRAMER, Martin b. 1811
RAMER/RAYMER, Margaret Mae b. 1875 d. 1943 Distant, PA
RAMER/RAYMER, William Ross b. 1860 d. 1929
RAMER/RAYMER, Charles Ross b. 1877 d. 1959 CA
Thanks for your time..
- ADAMS, KINSLEY posted by Diane Ryder on Monday, February 9, 1998
- Looking for people searching Robert ADAMS, of Allegheny Township, who m. Adeline KINSLEY around 1855. They had 12 children: Plummer, Shields, Carrie, Amos, Mildred Adelaide (Addie), Mamie, Clyde, Pearl, et al. Robert's father was Alexander, whose father was Robert, whose father was Robert, whose father was Elijah, whose father was Robert.. Family earlier lived in Bedford and York Counties, and possibly from MA before that. Adeline KINSLEY's father's name was possibly Amos of Venango Twp, Butler County. I have data back to 1750 to share. Would like to know about the Adams descendants. Thanks!.
- BISH, CRAIG, HARMON, LERCH, MOYER, PENCE, SPACE, WECKERLY, YODER, YOUNG posted by Beverly Terwilliger on Wednesday, February 11, 1998
- I am looking for the parents of Samuel YOUNG and his wife, Mary(Polly, Mariah) Moyer. According to Samuel's will his children were as follows:Eliza Ann(Elizabeth) m. Washington Craig; Barbara m. John BISH; Rosanna m. Jacob WECKERLY; Adam; Sarah m. (1) James PENCE, (2) Theodore HARMON; Cassie (Catherine) m. Philip SPACE; Amos; David; Silvania(Lavinia) m. Amos YODER; Amanda m. Edward LEARCH; John; and William. Any information on these families would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
- BISH, MOYER, YOUNG posted by Beverly Terwilliger on Wednesday, February 11, 1998
- Hi, I have a daughter, Barbara YOUNG,of Samuel YOUNG b abt 1817 and Mary(Polly, Mariah)MOYER YOUNG b abt 1822 living in Redbank Twsp., Clarion Co. (1850,60,70 census) who married John BISH. This is all I have on Barbara other than she was born about 1843 and was married after 1860 according to census. Do you have any information on the YOUNG family or this BISH family? Thanks.
- MARSH, MOREHEAD posted by Darleen Berens on Friday, February 13, 1998
- Would like to hear from anyone that can help me with the following family. Wm. S. MARSH mar. Rebecca MOREHEAD b. 6 Aug 1825 in Armstrong Co. (probably Kittanning). They had the following children born in Armstrong Co. Sarah b. 1846; John S., b 1848; Margaret, Walker Elizah, & James. The family then moved to Jackson Co., Ohio.
- REED, YOUNT posted by Dawn Covert on Friday, February 13, 1998
- Looking for information on Mary REED YOUNT. She was married to Frederick YOUNT. They lived Armstrong County in the mid to late 1800's. I belive they may have died in the New Salem area. Looking in particular for the parents of Mary REED. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..
- BARR, HIGHFIELD, MCGLAUGLIN, MCLAUGLIN posted by Jim Stahl on Friday, February 13, 1998
- I'm researching the families of REED J. HIGHFIELD, b 25 Dec., 1843, a Civil War Vet, and his wife JANE BARR, b Aug., 1844. They lived in the area around Kelly Station, Bethel Twp. about 1860-1890+. Reeds father was SAMUEL HIGHFIELD and his mother was MARTHA MCGLAUGLIN (MCLAUGLIN). Jane's father was ROBERT BARR,her mothers name is unknown. Will appreciate receiving any information about these families.
- DOUGHERTY posted by Betty VanLeer on Friday, February 13, 1998
- James DOUGHERTY died in Kittanning in 1819 and left a will naming all his children. Who was James married to? He does not name his wifes, he had 2. Where is he buried? Was there a death certificate? Any information on this man would be greatly appreciated. The info I have in family records says he came from Md. but I have been unable to find him there. What was his age at death?
- COLLINGWOOD, CONNELLY, MCMILLEN, MCMILLIN, MCQUISTON, SNOW, STOWERS posted by Maureen Brook on Saturday, February 14, 1998
- Hi, I am interested in investigating the surname of Snow. I have a Nancy Elizabeth Snow who was born in the county 1845. She was born around Brady's Bend, Armstrong Co. Her parents were Nicholas and Rachel Snow I would love to talk to you about your Snow line.
- BROWN, TAYLOR, YATES posted by Kathleen Brown on Saturday, February 14, 1998
- Researching the linneage of Nancy BROWN YATES (b. circa 1802) of West Franklin Twp, Armstrong County circa 1850. Nancy was the daughter of William and Hannah (TAYLOR) BROWN of Lignonier, Westmoreland County. She was married to Abraham YATES of Armstrong County. The Yates Family does not appear in 1840 Census in Armstrong or Westmoreland County. Who were her children?
- COLEMAN, CORNMAN posted by Roy Ericksen on Sunday, February 15, 1998
- I am searching for information about Miles COLEMAN and Caroline CORNMAN. They lived in Pine Twp., Armstrong Co., PA. during the 1880 Census. They were the parents of Laura COLEMAN, b. abt 1874; Elizabeth (Lizzie) COLEMAN, b. abt 1876; Robert Coleman, b. abt 1878; Jesse B. Coleman, b. 8 Oct 1880, Pine Twp(Mahoning), Armstrong Co., PA. I need information about the names of their parents, brothers, sisters, etc.
- KNOTTEK posted by Susan Gage on Sunday, February 15, 1998
- Searching for information on Jacob and Maria Knottek. Jacob arrived in America in 1893. They had 11 children of which nine were born in Ford City. One of their children, Isidor Knoottek died at age of two years old in 1899. I am trying to locate where he is buried. I have additional Knottek information that I am seeking. Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated..
- COCHRAN, MILLER posted by Barbara D. Wetzel on Monday, February 16, 1998
- I am looking for a Miller family who lived in the South Bend area of Armstrong Co. Henry Miller was married to Mary. They were probably born about 1795. They had a son, James who worked the farm with his father until he married a Ruth Cochran, daughter of John Cochran. James was born in 1822, while Ruth was born in 1827. Later they moved to Indiana Co. Both are buried in Oakland Cemetary. They both probably came from large families so there must be brothers and sisters of theirs around. Please contact me if you have any information regarding this family.
- SCHRECENGOST, SEMMENS posted by Cassandra Skidmore on Tuesday, February 17, 1998
- If you have any information onn any SEMMENS, or SCHRENGOST families, please contact me..
- BARRETT posted by Donna Sheaffer on Wednesday, February 18, 1998
- I am looking for anyone who is searching the BARRETT surname. William Barrett married Maria Austin. Lived in Armstrong Co Madison or Mahoning Township. Son John was my great grandfather. I haven't been able to get any further than William. Any help will be appreciated. Donna.
- BUTLER, GUNBERT posted by Bill Butler on Sunday, February 22, 1998
- BUTLER, David: Listed in 1860 census, in Red Bank Twp. Wife was Elizabeth GUNBERT. Children were: William, Zacarias, Margaret, Sarah A., Henry, Emily, Isaac, Elisabeth, Aaron. Isaac moved to Alabama in 1880s, and settled in Montgomery Co., AL. A David Butler is also listed in the 1850 census for Jefferson Co. PA, in Pine Creek Twp. I am seeking any information on the Butler and Gunbert families in Armstrong and Jefferson Co., PA.
- STANIEK, WILMOT posted by Marybeth Corrigall on Monday, February 23, 1998
- Seeking information on Friedrich STANIEK, b.AUG 1822 Graslitz, CZECH (Bohemia), m. Maria Theresia ENDERS,(b. MAY, 1827 Graslitz CZECH) NOV 1846 Graslitz CZ; emigrate ab.t 1850-51; resided in Freeport, PA (listed in 1860 and 1870 census in Borough of Freeport, Armstrong Co. and Freeport, PA, Worthington post office, respectively). 9 known children: Joseph Enders b. FEB 1847, Franz "Frank" b. OCT 1848, Ignaz b. JAN 1851, Anton Andrew b. MAY 1852, Charles Thomas b. APR 1855, Fredrick b. MAR 1857, Edward b. JAN 1859, Samuel D. b. SEP 1862, and Thresa b. NOV 1864. Looking for burials of Friedrich and Maria Theresia in Freeport.
Seeking information on their oldest son Joseph Enders STANIEK, b. FEB 1847, Graslitz, CZ d. APR 1917 (buried in Calvary Cemetery in Pittsburgh). Joseph married a Nancy Jane "Jennie" WILMOT b. 1852, d. JUN 1897; had 7 known children, Mary Alice b. DEC 1873, Freeport, Frederick Charles b. FEB 1875, Freeport, Theresa May b. FEB 1877, Andrew Archibald b. NOV 1878, Clarence Edward b. SEP 1879, Margaret Blanche b. AUG 1881, and Josepg b. APR 1886..
- ANDRYS, OWENS, WILMOT posted by Marybeth Corrigall on Monday, February 23, 1998
- Searching for information on one Richard WILMOT, b. JUN 1791, Morris Co. NJ Allegheny Twsp, Armstrong Co. (PA 1840 census), married to a Margaret ?ANDRYS and had 11 children: Elizabeth, Amos, Samuel, William P., Nancy Jane (my direct line), David, Henrietta, Martha, James, Margaret and unknown child; Richard is buried in a small family plot-OWENS in West Vandergrift (he was married before Margaret to wife unknown and had 3 sons, names unknown). In 1850 and 1860 census he is located in Westmoreland Co.; Margaret b. JAN 1823 PA (place ?), d. APR 1902 Pittsburgh, PA (do not know where she is buried--supposedly somewhere in Appollo, PA.
- MCCRIGHT posted by JACK McCRIGHT on Monday, February 23, 1998
- I am looking data on two MCCRIGHT's listed in Plum Creek Twp in Armsyrong county in 1850. They are James and Rober MCCRIGHT Any one having any information on these or anyother MCCRIGHT's , please contact me
- FINCK, FINK posted by George Fink on Wednesday, February 25, 1998
- I am researching the suname FINK. I would like to get more information on the Finks buried in the Myers-Patton Cemetery in East Franklin Twp. I have information on over 1500 Finks which I will share with any interested party. Thanks.
- CATHCART posted by Carol Breeden on Thursday, February 26, 1998
- I am researching JAMES CATHCART who was born in Armstrong Co, PA in 1868. He had a brother named JOHN CATHCART. Any info anyone can share about this family would be greatly appreciated!
- BASHLINE, BEISHLEIN, BEUSCHLEIN, FLICK, FOX, MALES, PRITNER posted by C. Burns on Thursday, February 26, 1998
- Seeking info on above names who were in the part of Armstrong county, Pa which became Clarion co about 1838..
- HILL, KLINGENSMITH, KNAPPENBERGER, MILLER, WALKER posted by Mary Beth Graf on Friday, February 27, 1998
- Desire information on the KNAPPENBERGER families of Armstrong County. John KNAPPENBERGER born, 1809, died 1885, married Anna Marie HILL.
The children from this marriage were Daniel who married Nancy WALKER, John who died young, a young female who died in infancy, Henry who married first Evaline BECK, and second Lydia HANNAH, Jacob who married Sarah MILLER, Samuel A. who married Mary MILLER, and Lucinda who married J. W. KLINGENSMITH. Interested in knowing where Joh and Anna are buried and any other information on descendants..
Return to the Query/Surname Archive Index Page
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project
(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project