Frank H McNutt

line.gif

FRANK H. McNUTT, engaged in the general real estate and insurance business, at Ford City, Armstrong county, was born at Fairmount City, Clarion Co., Pa., July 24, 1885, son of the late James F. and Margaret E. (Hamilton) McNutt.

James F. McNutt was born in Clarion county, Sept. 12, 1840. In early life he taught school at Madison Furnace and New Bethlehem, and in 1865 was appointed postmaster at the latter place, retaining the office for a number of years. Later he became a merchant there, but in 1878 went to Fairmount City to take charge of the Fairmount Coal Company�s store. This responsible position was held by him for ten years, when he resigned to go into business for himself in that city. There he resided until 1898, when he moved to Ford City, having been appointed postmaster there. He was also justice of the peace for a number of years, both at New Bethlehem and Ford City, and in every walk of life proved himself an honorable, upright man and good citizen. In 1863 Mr. McNutt enlisted in Company K, 57th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry, of which he was made second lieutenant, and served until the close of the war. The First Presbyterian Church of Ford City held his membership. On June 25, 1863, Mr. McNutt was married to Margaret E. Hamilton, of Oakland, Pa., and five children were born to this union. Mr. McNutt died July 28, 1911, and was interred in the cemetery at New Bethlehem, the Masons having charge of the services, as he was a member of both the Blue Lodge (of New Bethlehem) and Chapter (of Brookville).

Frank H. McNutt attended public school at Fairmount City, and the public and high school at Ford City, graduating in 1903, following which he took a commercial course at Duff�s Business college, Pittsburgh, from which he was graduated in 1904. Immediately thereafter he became stenographer with the Westinghouse Construction Company, remaining with this concern a year, after which he entered the employ of the Pennsylvania Railroad Company as clerk. After two years he was made bookkeeper in the first National Bank of Ford City, and on Nov. 1st, 1908, embarked in the real estate and insurance business there, in which lines he has established a large connection. In February, 1909, he was appointed notary public, and he is now registrar and recorder of vital statistics, and secretary of the board of health of Ford City. He belongs to the B. P. O. Elks Lodge, No. 203, at Kittanning, to Blue Lodge, No. 244, F. & A. M., and Orient Chapter, No. 247, R. A. M., both of Kittanning, to the Independent Order of Americans at Ford City, and to Hose Company No. 1, Ford City, of which later organization he is treasurer. The Presbyterian Church holds his membership.

Source: Pages 921-922, Armstrong County, Pa., Her People, Past and Present, J.H. Beers & Co., 1914
Transcribed October 1998 by Jeffrey Bish for the Armstrong County Beers Project
Contributed for use by the Armstrong County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/armstrong/)

Armstrong County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.

Return to the Beers Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project