G. A. KNIGHT, M.D.

line.gif

              G. A. KNIGHT, M. D., physician and surgeon, located at Kaylor, Pa., his field of practice covering a radius of five miles from that point, was born at Salem, Clarion Co., Pa., Oct. 27, 1881, a son of Dr. George A. and Sarah K. Knight.

             George A. Knight, father of Dr. G. A. Knight, was born at Turkey City, Clarion Co., Pa.  He secured his medical training at Bellevue Hospital, in the city of New York, and engaged in the practice of his profession at Salem, Pa.  In 1895 he retired from practice and later became interested in the oil and gas business.  At one time he served as surveyor of Clarion county and also in Brady�s Bend township, Armstrong county.  In politics he was a Democrat.  He belonged to various medical societies.  His death occurred at the age of seventy years, and he was buried in the Lutheran cemetery at Salem.  He married Sarah K. Kribbs, a native of Salem, daughter of Philip W. Kribbs, and six sons and one daughter were born to this marriage.  One of the sons is an attorney at law.  Another son, Frank H. H. Knight, has recently completed a term in the Pennsylvania Legislature.  He is interested in the coal business at Bethlehem, and also in Knight Brothers� Creamery, at Leatherwood, Clarion Co., Pa.  The mother resides at Salem.

             George A. Knight attended the public schools in Clarion county and the Clarion Normal School, afterward entering Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, where he was graduated with the class of 1905.  He spent one year in the West Penn Hospital at Pittsburgh, Pa., and on July 17, 1906, established himself at Kaylor, where he has the whole medical field to himself.  He was the immediate successor of Dr. M. L. Ross, now of New Castle, Pa., and Dr. C. B. McGogney gave up practice here in February 1913.  Dr. Knight is physician and surgeon for the Great Lakes Coal Company and for another coal company, the Western Allegheny Railroad Company, the Pittsburgh Limestone Company and the Kittanning Brick Company.  He has also business interests, being a member of the Kaylor Investment Company, the Pine Run Oil and Gas Company, the Pennsylvania Fuel Supply Company and the Knight Gas company of Clarion county.  Professionally he is identified with county and State medical organizations and belongs also to the American Medical Association.

             On May 5, 1909, Dr. Knight was married to Pearl Meybin, daughter of the late John Meybin, formerly of East Brady, Pa.  Mrs. Knight graduated from the East Brady high school, and afterward was stenographer and bookkeeper in the First National Bank at East Brady.  Dr. and Mrs. Knight have two sons, George A. and William B.  The Doctor is a member of the Lutheran Church.  In politics he is independent.  Fraternally he is connected with the Elks at Kittanning, Pa., the Foresters of America at Philadelphia, and the Red Men and Odd Fellows at Kaylor.

Source: Page 877, Armstrong County, Pa., Her People, Past and Present, J. H. Beers & Co., 1914
Transcribed May 2002 by James R. Hindman for the Armstrong County Beers Project
Contributed for use by the Armstrong County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/armstrong/)

Armstrong County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.

Return to the Beers Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project