D.H. King

line.gif

D. H. KING owns a valuable tract of 182 acres in Madison township, located a half mile north of Kellersburg, Pa. Mr. King was born Aug. 5, 1860 in Valley township, this county, son of John and Sarah (Hollabaugh) King, of Pine township, who had a family of six children. John King disappeared about the time of the Civil war and has never been heard from since.

D. H. King was hired out to work when only ten years old, and from that time has lived in Madison township. He has been engaged principally in farming, and bought his present place from John Wyant and M. Smith, here carrying on general farming, and also operating a coal bank. At present there are no oil or gas wells on the farm. About eighty-five acres of this place are in woodland and pasture or rough land, but the remainder is under excellent cultivation, and Mr. King is prospering in his work. He is a well known resident of the township, where he has served his fellow citizens in the capacity of school director and roadmaster, having held the former office five years and the latter two years. He is a member of the Madison Township Grange, and has always been a Republican in political association. He attends the Lutheran Church.

Mr. King married Erna Bell Pence, daughter of John Pence, of Madison township, and they have had the following children: John, Robert (deceased), Anna Mary (deceased), Harry, Flora, Pearl, Frank, Flora (2), and a twin of Flora, that died unnamed.

Source: Pages 810-811, Armstrong County, Pa., Her People, Past and Present, J.H. Beers & Co., 1914
Transcribed October 1998 by James R Hindman for the Armstrong County Beers Project
Contributed for use by the Armstrong County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/armstrong/)

Armstrong County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.

Return to the Beers Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project