Hugh F Iseman

line.gif

HUGH F. ISEMAN, dairyman and farmer of Manor township, was born Dec. 27, 1866, at Kittanning, Pa., son of Jacob and Sarah (Gallaher) Iseman.

After a course in the Manor district school, Hugh F. Iseman attended school at Kittanning, and until he was twenty-two years old worked on his father's farm. He then spent six years in the employ of the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company, at Ford City. Leaving this concern Mr. Iseman resumed farming, and in 1908 branched out in the dairy business, furnishing milk at Ford City. He has built up a large and prosperous business, owing to the quality of his product and his straightforward methods.

In 1907 Mr. Iseman was married to Kate Wilson, daughter of Isaac Wilson, of Kittanning. Mrs. Iseman is a musician of considerable talent, and has studied to some purpose both instrumental and vocal music. For four years she was musical instructor in the Kittanning public schools in which she taught altogether seven years. Mr. and Mrs. Iseman have three children : Hugh Wilson, Robert Earl, and Lois Irene. Mr. and Mrs. Iseman are consistent members of Emanuel Lutheran Church, of which Mr. Iseman has been secretary and treasurer for more than fifteen years. In addition he served for several years as superintendent of the Sunday school. Besides looking after his personal affairs Mr. Iseman finds time to take an interest in public matters, serving his township as supervisor. He is a member of the Independent Americans.

Source: Page 736, Armstrong County, Pa., Her People, Past and Present, J.H. Beers & Co., 1914
Transcribed October 1998 by Rodney G Rosborough for the Armstrong County Beers Project
Contributed for use by the Armstrong County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/armstrong/)

Armstrong County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.

Return to the Beers Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project