Lee N Bush

line.gif

LEE N. BUSH, clothing merchant of Leechburg, was born at Kittanning, Armstrong Co., Pa., Feb. 10, 1870, son of Henry E. Bush.

Henry E. Bush was born in Germany, and came to America in boyhood. Learning the tailor's trade, he followed it for a time at Pittsburgh before moving to Kittanning, where he was one of the early men in the clothing business in that borough. After fifty-four years of successful work in Kittanning Mr. Bush retired, dying at that place in 1893, and he is buried there. He married Mary J. Hutchison, who passed away in1887. Their children were: John B.; Philip H.; William J.; Cornelius, who died young; Frank; Robert, who died when thirty-two years old; Lincoln; Mary, widow of the Rev. George E. Titzel, a Lutheran minister who died at Greensburg, Pa., aged thirty-two years; Anna, wife of George P. Cook; James E. and Lee N.

Lee N. Bush attended public school at Kittanning and then learned the hardware business, in which he was engaged for three years and four months. He then embarked in the clothing business at Apollo, Pa., being in the employ of his brothers Frank and Lincoln, but in two years' time he came to Leechburg, where the brothers had a store which he afterward bought. Since then he has operated the business alone. This is the oldest clothing house in the borough, conveniently located on Market street. Mr. Bush carries a good line of clothing and men's furnishings, and his stock is at all times modern and fresh. He is a director of the Gilpin Natural Gas Company of Leechburg.

Mr. Bush married Mary B. Watterson, daughter of James E. Watterson, of Kittanning. They have no children. Fraternally he belongs to Blue Lodge, No. 577, F. & A. M., Leechburg, and Orient Chapter, No. 247, R. A. M., of Kittanning, and is a member of the Fire Company. A Republican in politics, he has served on the poor board for four years. For twelve years he has been a member of the council of the Lutheran Church, as well as financial secretary for eleven years, and he is also a teacher in the Sunday school, being deeply interested in religious matters.

Source: Page 818, Armstrong County, Pa., Her People, Past and Present, J.H. Beers & Co., 1914
Transcribed October 1998 by James R Hindman for the Armstrong County Beers Project
Contributed for use by the Armstrong County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/armstrong/)

Armstrong County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.

Return to the Beers Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project