B.C. Bishop

line.gif

B. C. BISHOP, of Brady�s Bend township, surveyor, and present auditor of that township, was born in Fairview township, Butler Co., Pa., Sept. 24, 1886, son of John and Mary J. (Jameson) Bishop.

Jacob Bishop, grandfather of B. C. Bishop, came with his wife Mary from Ohio to Armstrong county, and settled at Brady�s Bend, where he followed mining for some years.

John Bishop, father of B. C. Bishop, was born in Ohio, and was reared mainly in Brady�s Bend township, Armstrong Co., Pa. After his school days were over he worked in the mines and also as a pumper at oil wells, and he is interested in oil wells on the William Bishop farm. He has always been a Republican in politics and has served in the office of school director. At Chicora, in Butler county, Sept. 24, 1885, he married Mary Jane Jameson, a native of Butler county a daughter of John and Margaret Jameson, both now deceased, the former a native of Butler county and the latter of Brady�s Bend township. With the exception of two years spent in Butler county Mr. and Mrs. Bishop have always lived in Brady�s Bend township. They had four children: B. C.; Della, who died at the age of eight years, and was buried in the Brady�s Bend cemetery; and Mary and Mont, both of whom live at home. John Bishop is a member of the Lutheran Church and his wife of the United Presbyterian. They are well-known people, both belonging to the local Grange.

B. C. Bishop was two years old when he was brought to Brady�s Bend township by his parents and here obtained a public school education. Under the direction of the Scranton Correspondence School he took a course in surveying, after which he took a position as surveyor for the Great Lakes Coal Company and the Western Allegheny Railroad Company, and is still so connected. Later he took a course in mechanical drawing, also with the International Correspondence School at Scranton. In politics he is a Republican, and he was elected to his present office on the party ticket. He belongs to the Odd Fellows at Kaylor and the Knights of Pythias at East Brady.

Source: Page 940, Armstrong County, Pa., Her People, Past and Present, J.H. Beers & Co., 1914
Transcribed November 1998 by Kathy Zagorac for the Armstrong County Beers Project
Contributed for use by the Armstrong County Genealogy Project (http://www.pa-roots.com/armstrong/)

Armstrong County Genealogy Project Notice:
These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format, for any presentation, without prior written permission.

Return to the Beers Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project

 

Return to the Armstrong County Genealogy Project

(c) Armstrong County Genealogy Project