105th PA Volunteers Logo

Company H


line


COMPANY H was recruited from the townships of Winslow, Washington, and Snyder, in Jefferson county, Pa., and was composed of young men - the very flower of that part of the county - and no better or braver men ever marched under the banner of freedom. When they left Camp Wilkins, where they were mustered into service, the company only mustered sixty-seven men; but each day brought recruits and when mustered for their first pay their ranks were filled with the required number. Captain A. H. Tracy, of Rockdale, Jefferson county, who had assisted largely in recruiting the company, and who took them into the service, resigned March 6, 1862, and was succeeded by Captain John C. Conser, who proved a noble leader, until he fell "with his face to the foe," when the command devolved upon Captain Tilton J. Reynolds, who shared all their dangers thence forward until they were finally mustered out of service with the regiment. The company had enrolled, during the entire term of service, two hundred and thirteen men; of these sixty-two were substitutes and drafted men. They lost two officers killed, and thirty-seven enlisted men killed and died.

History of the One Hundred and Fifth Regiment of Pennsylvania Volunteers, page 310

Muster-Roll

  Officers
  Non-Commissioned Officers
  Corporals
  Privates (A - L Surnames)
  Privates (M - Z Surnames)

line

Return to 105th Pennsylvania Volunteers Project

105th PA Volunteers Project